Audiofrog’s A series entertainment speakers bring Audiofrog’s sonic accuracy, dynamics and low distortion performance to a host of new applications. The A Series is designed for great performance in bars, clubs, restaurants, small live music venues, houses of worship, for mobile DJs, and even for rockin’ your backyard get together.
Designed to go head-to-head with the most formidable of competitors, the A Series is designed, qualified and tested to provide smooth and even coverage over a wide listening window while maintaining high efficiency and power handling.
The 18” woofer in the A118SW features a 4” copper clad aluminum voice coil wound on a Kapton™ former for precise control of motor force in the design stage and low mass for high efficiency.
Coupled with a rigid paper cone and cloth surround, bass and midbass are reproduced with crystal clear accuracy, even at the power handling limits. A cast aluminum basket and 125 oz. ferrite magnet round out the high efficiency design that provides nearly ruler flat frequency response down to the -3dB cutoff frequency of 36 Hz.
The A118SW also includes a standard pole receptacle for use as bass reinforcement for the A310S, A312S or as additional reinforcement for the CLA Series. With an additional digital signal processor and the right delay settings, two A118SW cabinets—one facing forward and one facing rearward—make for a world-class cardiod subwoofer arrangement that keeps bass in the audience and off the stage.
Constructed using 13-ply Baltic Birch plywood, covered with Road-Kote polyester coating and with integrated handles, the A118SW is even engineered to withstand the abuse of repeated transportation from gig to gig.
- Configuration: 18″ Bass Reflex Subwoofer
- Woofer: 18″ Paper Cone with Cloth Surround, 4″(100 mm) CCAL Voice Coil, 125 Oz Ferrite Magnet
- Power Handling (Continuous Average): 600 Watts
- Power Handling (Music): 1200 Watts
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ω
- Sensitivity (2.83 V/1 M): 96 dB
- Maximum Output SPL: 135 dB
- Frequency Response (-3 dB): 25 Hz-1.8 kHz
- Cabinet Material: 13 Ply Birch
- Cabinet Finish: Road-Kote Polyester Coating
- Grille Material: 14 Gauge Perforated Steel, Powder Coated
- Connectors: 2 x Neutrik® Speakon® NL4MP
- Dimensions: 28-11/32″ x 26-3/8″ x 21-9/32″ 720mm x 670mm x 540mm
- Weight: 141 lbs, 64 kg